Aldrin Navarro is a Software Engineer with over 9 years of professional IT experience.
In his blog, he shares his insights and challenges while growing in the Software Development industry.
He specializes in backend development with tech stack such as Python, Django, and FastAPI. With various projects, his background has expanded into frontend development using Qwik, React, Vue.js, Flutter, and TailwindCSS. For his personal projects, he dips into the role of DevOps using Terraform on AWS, Jenkins, and CI/CD tools.
Unplugged, Aldrin enjoys street and portrait photography, listening to music, reading sci-fi books, watching documentaries, and learning languages.
Software Developer & Tech Lead• Newlogic
February 2019 - Present
- ✨ Currently building lots of great things! 🧪
Software Developer • ChannelFix
June 2014 - January 2019
- Design and implement a video tournament web application using Python and Django
- Upgrade codebase from Django 1.8 to Django 1.11 and graceful handling of external dependencies and internal tooling
- Integrate VMoney API as a payment option
- Led the adoption of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) stack, Grafana, and Prometheus for logging and monitoring
- Implement Google Analytics and Google Data Studio integration to the web application providing meaningful usage and customer insights to business stakeholders
- Mentor junior software developers on project management and software development for two successive academic years (Philippine colleges internship program)
IT Consultant • Regal Group
February 2018 - March 2018Project-based Freelance
- Improve speed and performance of an existing Wordpress website passing all accessibility and SEO audits using GTmetrix and Google Lighthouse
- Optimize static files by minification and the use of CDN
- Add sitemap, fix mixed content issues & existing assets plugins, enable BeTheme analytics, all ad-hoc requests by the client delivered on-time
- Handle website migration to a new domain name by handling change management and careful planning with the client to ensure minimal downtime
Web Developer • Enhance Visa
April 2016 - November 2016Project-based Freelance
- Migrated an existing Wordpress website to Django CMS and implemented the new website design signed-off by the creative department
- Implemented a Canada Comprehensive Express Entry Assessment Score Calculator
- Integrate S3 (boto3) to manage static files and media uploads
- Automate the validating and forwarding of inquiries and applications via email using Celery distributed task queue
- Design and develop an events and registration system
- Integrate tawk.to for customer service live chat
Software Developer Intern • Crowd Metric Solutions, Inc.
April 2014 - June 2014
- Developed web scraping tools to provide customer leads and business data for the company using BeautifulSoup4, requests, splinter and Selenium
- Implement data sanitization pipeline to clean and normalize data using Python, Sqlite3, and PostgreSQL
- Use multiprocessing techniques to offload and optimize scraping jobs delivering high-quality data and fast results
- Provide documentation for all the development work done for the handover
Master of Information Systems
University of the Philippines Open University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
University of the Philippines Cebu
2011 - 2015